More tools for Facebook videos
Facebook continues to roll out new features for videos. After adding the targeting by age and gender for advertisers and publishers a new, improved, video-upload tool is live. The new tool gives admins more options to customize uploading and distribution of their videos.
The new features include:
- Set an expiration date for a video.
- Publish video directly to the videos tab for your page,
- Publish video News Feed or Timeline.
- Allow or prohibit video embeds on third-party sites.
- Add custom thumbnails for videos, change thumbnail by using a specific image or a suggested one.
- Label videos based on interest categories, including entertainment, news and more.
Product manager Anaid Gomez-Ortigoza announced in a Facebook Media blog post:
“With today’s update, we’ve redesigned the upload process and added several new features currently available in the Facebook video application-programming interface, which we announced at F8. We’ve also introduced a suite of new distribution options, like secret videos and the ability to prohibit embeds on third-party sites.
Secret videos give page owners the ability to upload videos that are accessible only via a direct URL, but which are not searchable for people on Facebook. This is useful for publishers who want to host videos on Facebook, embed them on third-party sites or share them with anyone who has the URL, without posting them anywhere else on Facebook.”